Tuesday, October 11, 2005

ee cummings

may i feel said he
by e e cummings

may i feel said he
(i'll squeal said she
just once said he)
it's fun said she

(may i touch said he
how much said she
a lot said he)
why not said she

(let's go said he
not too far said she
what's too far said he
where you are said she)

may i stay said he
(which way said she
like this said he
if you kiss said she

may i move said he
is it love said she)
if you're willing said he
(but you're killing said she

but it's life said he
but your wife said she
now said he)
ow said she

(tiptop said he
don't stop said she
oh no said he)
go slow said she

(cccome?said he
ummm said she)
you're divine!said he
(you are Mine said she)

poetry.org

I feel bad posting an ee cummings poem, but I feel it is somewhat necessary. I know that an old boyfriend of my mom’s used to write them out for her all the time, so that kind of that place for my, though I have never really read one before. I must say, aside from the topic this poem breeches (it may be a little graphic for some) it is an amazing piece of writing. The world are ridiculous and just the thought of the form is almost absurd. Yet it the poem itself is incredibly graphic, more so than I would have thought possible. For the most part a lot of it made me somewhat uncomfortable. But it’s that what a good piece of writing should do? Remove your from your comfortable state to allow you to see outside of your own perspective. This poem definitely excelled in doing that for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home